Sunday, April 15, 2007

Life is hectic right now!

Life is just crazy right now, just go go go! Well to start with I got the part time job that I went for and I am now working as a sandwich artist at one of the MANY Subway sandwich places in our area. It is going pretty well and I am enjoying it and enjoying the extra money and freedom that having a job (even part time!) gives you. It was quite difficult learning all the different varieties of subs, wraps, salads and dressings but now I just about have them all memorised now-I think!!
One thing that is not nice is that the cost of childcare went up due to my working now which totally is not good. I thought I would have to give up work ALREADY as the cost of daycare/after school care meant that I was not really coming out better off and if my hours dropped I could actually be much worse off because I would still have to somehow come up with the money for both! I looked into family daycare which turned out to be much cheaper and better for Conor too I think because it is a family environment and she only looks after 3 other kids. I went to see her on Saturday with the kids and was really impressed, she was a really lovely lady and very well organised and equipped. Conor took to her straight away which is amazing for him as he usually takes awhile to warm to new people and it was a relief for me! Hopefully all will work out well. He starts there in 2 weeks.
I got my results back for the two subjects I did over Christmas-2 credits! I was amazed to have done that well considering that I had nothing but disruptions over that time and found it difficult to find ANY time to study! I don't think I will attempt that again!!
We went to see a movie today- "Meet the Robinsons" which was pretty good for a kiddie movie. Conor was pretty good-sat still and watched it although I did have to shush him many many times!! He was so funny though and I don't think (hope!) that anyone minded!
The kids are just at the end of their Easter holidays and they have had lots of fun I think, we went to the movies today, visited their grandmother yesterday, went to an Easter event last weekend, stayed over at their grandmother's, visited their great-grandmother and aunty, Mika stayed over at a friends etc etc etc! Cody went to a fun fair with a jumping castle etc which he loved!
Easter of course meant lots of eggs, lots of chocolate and yummy hot-cross buns-I just love them! The kids love the choc eggs of course and ate tons and tons of them and were just about bouncing off the walls-lots of fun for me!! lol!

No comments: