Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tuckshop blues and pirate hues

Today was my once a month volunteer tuckshop day. Tuckshop, for the unititiated, is when you help for a day at the school canteen which here in Australia we call- tuckshop! Mika and Cody just think it's great when Mummy is serving at the school..... I think it's a real pain in the ass myself but figure that if no-one helps then soon there would be no tuckshop and the kids all do love it.
I got duped by a grade 1 student, a six year old there and the other ladies thought it a hoot- my first duping! Anyway this little girl comes up to the counter and asks for noodles but she had no bag, her being so little I figure that she just forgot to bring her brown bag but then later when a boy turned up for his we were one short! Yikes! The poor boy had to wait while we made more! Then at the end of the day I seemed to turn into a braindead imbecile and couldn't count for the life of me and made two mistakes doing the simple art of counting! Ahhhhhhh, think I may have been there too long.
After the tuckshop it was time for Cody's pirate show, an hour of grade ones dancing, reading, telling jokes and the like. Very cute, shame that they haven't quite mastered the art of speaking INTO the microphone so the audience can actually hear them! Cody had a ball and beamed from ear to ear when he saw me in the audience.
Tomorrow is the show holiday, yahoo! We can sleep in-too bad I have a ton of work to do, boo hoo!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

It sounds like Cody has overcome his shyness.

kelit said...

totally! He is a real terror now!