Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I want to hide........

The world is a scary place right now, New Orleans decimated by a hurricane, typhoon 14 in Japan, severe drought here in Oz...the list goes on and on and on. First, great to see action finally in New Orleans pity it took so long for it to happen. Bush really has some explaining to do, along with Howard here-the media were rescuing people for pete's sake! Shocking to see such a powerful country crippled by a natural disaster, makes me wonder what would happen here in similar circumstances.
PETROL! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! It is gone up from about 90+ cents/litre to $1.30 in the last couple of weeks! Yikes! And it is supposed to be going up even more-the government is supposed to be capping it at $1.50/litre. It is really starting to hurt and both people and businesses are suffering. We have started to use the car less already, doing everything in one trip if possible and public transport where possible. Luckily my car is small and economical on gas!
I have decided that I am going to change my degree program at uni-I really do not want to teach any more especially not high school students. I am going to focus on what I enjoy doing, language and linguistics, I figure why study for 4 years to do a job that I don't really like?? Changing the degree means that I will only have one more year to go instead of two! Yes!
Got an exam on Thursday, Japanese, a written one this time shouldn't be too bad. Looking forward to getting it over with though.
Conor's eyes were mucky again tonight hope it is not conjunctivitis-it is going around daycare,yuck. Nits are too worst luck! He is growing up so fast a real little boy now! Still likes his cuddles though!
Cody had a great time at the party last week, when I went to pick him up he was absolutely filthy, covered in dirt from head to toe! Obviously he had been busy. He said they played in the park, watched a clown, played lots of games and ate lots of food! Mika went to her friend's house and thought I got back there way too early! She is going again this weekend and she has a party to go to.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

good luck with the school change. I agree; why do it if you are not going to enjoy it.